Richmond Girls Soccer U8 - U18 Spring Tournament Program
RGSA Spring 2020 Academy (tournament teams)
The RGSA Spring Tournament Academy offers specialized training by our qualified professional coaches in a positive, encouraging and age appropriate environment. Players will be focusing on developing both their individual technical skills along with their team skills that can be practised during a game setting. Players will be placed in training groups based on age and in accordance to long term player development. Players may be moved up an age level on the recommendation of the TD staff and volunteer coaches. All tournament teams will train and play under the guidance of our professionally trained TD coaches as well as our certified and approved volunteer head coaches. All players, regardless of what team they played for during the 2019-2020 season, are encouraged and welcomed to register for the tournament program.
WHAT DOES TOURNAMENT ACADEMY INCLUDE?
- two training sessions a week
- qualified professional coaches for both sessions along side approved, certified volunteer head coaches
- scrimmages when/where possible
- training on grass and turf where possible
- two away tournaments for U9-U18 and one tournament for U8
- U9-U18: $525.00 (before Feb 15th $500.00)
- U8 : $450.00 (before Feb 15th $425.00)
- WHEN DOES IT START, TIME AND WHERE?
- sessions begin April 13th and end June 24th
- U8 (2012 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U9 (2011 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U10 (2010 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U11 (2009 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U12 (2008 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U13 (2007 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U14 (2006 born) ~ Tuesday and Thursday
- U15 (2005 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U16 (2004 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U17 (2003 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
- U18 (2002 born) ~ Monday and Wednesday
Please note that these times/days may change based on number of registrants at particular age groups.
Training will take place at Hugh Boyd from April to May and afterwards we MAY be moving to a grass facility in Richmond for the remaining sessions. We have requested that when we move to the grass fields that we all have access to a public washroom.
- as most players in the travel program will already have the new fall kit ( red jersey, red shorts, red socks and black alternate), we will be using these kits for the spring program as well.
- the U8-U18's will be participating in the local Umbro Challenge held on the May long weekend in Surrey (May 16-18)
- the U9'-U18's will be participating in the Skagit Firecracker Tournament in Burlington, Washington ( June 19-21st)
- This year as in the past, all members will be responsible for booking their own hotel for the Skagit Tournament and all teams will have the opportunity to stay together as an association. The RGSA will provide when and where parents are encouraged to book their room(s) with the understanding that rooms are only held to a specified date.
The RGSA will be offering all members the opportunity to register
early and receive an early bird rate.
To qualify, your registration must be completed fully and paid for by Saturday February 15th 2020, this includes payment. All payments must be made before the program commences.
In order to finalize all the teams, registration will close on February 29th 2020.
Some teams and players may play at a higher level than there age ( ie a 2006 player may be asked to play at the 2005 level) and this is at the full discretion of the TD Coaches along side the team volunteer coaches.
Please also note, that if there are too many registrants for one age group and not enough players to form two teams, there will be a selection process at the complete discretion of the TD Coaches. Our goal is to always place players on teams but sometimes the numbers do not allow for placement under the Travel Academy.
The RGSA reserves the right to cancel sessions based on poor weather conditions and any other situations which would lead to unsafe training environments. As mentioned previously, the RGSA reserves the right to change training times based on enrolment numbers at any age group.
There will be no refunds after the first session.
Click Here to Register